Although it was 37 degrees yesterday, I ventured out to Maadi to look at a few apartments. I took Finn with me because I wanted to show him his new nursery school. It's housed in an old Maadi villa with a huge garden, full of tricycles and toys. Toddler heaven.
We chose this nursery because we had heard they were gentle with the children. There are 18 children in his class, mostly from expatriate families. In Egypt, it is normal for children to start nursery school at three, and although there is the option to attend three days a week, five days is encouraged. It is certainly more educational than day care in Australia. They follow a curriculum, and most of the day is spent in the classroom. They have playtime in the garden in the mornings and afternoons.
We provide his meals each day - morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. There are strict rules on junk food and the school has made it clear that if the children bring junk food to school, they won't be allowed to eat it. That's a-ok with me. I bought Finn some small containers of milk to take for morning tea. He's so excited and keeps telling me he's going to share his milk with all his friends. Bless.
His first day is on Tuesday. The count down is on!


No comments:
Post a Comment