Apartment update

The past week has been busy.  Although we don't have all our things yet, we've been doing all we can to make the apartment feel like home.  I'm told that when our shipment arrives it will feel like Christmas (it might also be Christmas).

I've done a fair amount of damage at Zara Home, which amazingly stocks sheets that fit the enormous bed.  We also bought another rug for Wilf to play on, which is so soft that Finn also likes rolling around on it.
We spent the weekend socialising.  Finn hit it off with Astrid, the three year old across the road.  Astrid lives in a beautiful villa with a garden and pool - Finn was in toddler heaven.  We also went to a six year old's birthday party, the highlight of which was Fairy Trina who entertained all the kids with stories of magic and fairy dust.  Fairy Trina is our neighbour, Katrina, who also happens to be the actor from the ABC Kids show, the Story Tree.  We ran into Katrina walking her two large dogs on the way to school.  I had Wilf in the pram and Finn was riding on the skateboard on the back.  Katrina asked Finn if he liked dogs.  He said, "Yes, but I don't want them to eat baby Wilf".  She replied, "No, they wouldn't want to eat Wilf because he would taste like nappies".  She has a wonderful way with children, and has certainly made an impression on Finn.  When he woke up this morning he whispered to me that he had dreamt of Fairy Trina.

Summer is now over, but it's still very hot.  I took Wilf out for a walk in the baby carrier this morning.  The carrier has a sun cover that goes over his head, which I use when I want him to sleep.  I often get stopped by Egyptian men who are concerned that Wilf can't breathe, so I show them the gap in the cover to allay their fears.  It's also the Egyptian men who talk to Finn and Wilf, and squeeze their cheeks and make them laugh.  The women love children as well, but most of the attention comes from the men.  Perhaps that's because there are more men around - I probably see one woman for every 20 or 30 men.

In other news, Wilf is hungry.  Vegetable and fruit puree just doesn't cut it anymore.  He's moved on to yoghurt, fish and meat, and he eats his own body weight in weetbix each morning.  The boy is growing.

1 comment:

  1. Fairy Trina sounds wonderful! How nice for Finn :-) Loving the ikea'd house :-) It's funny, you're on the complete opposite side of the world and we have the same stools :-) xox

    ReplyDelete