We make plans and God laughs

This blog post was meant to be about my trip to the Pyramids, and the all-you-can-eat sushi buffet at the Sofitel.  But my plans were disrupted by a tummy bug and a cold, which has meant I've stayed at home watching bad movies for the past few days.  I was reminded of the Yiddish proverb, 'We make plans and God laughs'.  Maybe that's a bit dramatic for a cold but I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself.  However, on the upside I'm up to date on "Twilight", ""The Lion King" in Arabic, MTV makeovers, and I finished reading "Love in the time of Cholera".  

I also made it across the road to a birthday party that Finn was invited to on the weekend.  Finn loved being a tiger, and seeing Fairy Trina again.  He roared his way through the afternoon.
It was a great party - we all loved the birthday girl's garden and being able to feel grass under our feet.  Wilf happily played on his rug and chewed everything in sight.
Being sick has bought on a bout of homesickness.  I'm longing for green smoothies, Woolworths (I'll also accept Coles) and a holiday in Bryon Bay.  Anything healthy and outside.  We may have spent a bit too long in the big city.  I'm told it's important to escape from the hustle and bustle at least every six weeks.  Considering we felt the need to get out of Canberra about every four weeks this makes sense to me.  We've now been here for over nine weeks, and we are feeling it.  Our Italy holiday couldn't be coming at a better time.  Bring on clean air, mountains of fresh vegetables and space, space, space!

In other news, I've found a hairdresser.  She's British and runs her salon out of her home, which is five minutes walk from our place.  The first thing she did was wash my hair with vinegar.  No expensive hair treatments for me, just your regular household vinegar to rid my hair of the chlorine from the water.  I smelt like Fish and Chips afterwards, but it certainly made my hair feel better.  Who would've thought?
Our other news is that our baby is on the move.  He started to crawl this morning.  I coaxed him with the TV remote, which he was most interested in chewing - has anything more attractive to children ever been invented, excluding fireworks?  His crawling is a combination of pulling himself along and pushing with his legs, but there is definitely forward locomotion.  It's exciting, but daunting at the same time.  It's time to do something about all those exposed electrical cords. Ahhh the luxury of being able to put him down and know he'd be in the same spot when you came back.  He's only been doing it for 10 hours but he's improved a lot and he's going to be scooting around on all fours soon.  Baby on the move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment