Date night: Makino


Our last date night in Zamalek was spent at Makino, a Japanese restaurant.  Cairo is full of sushi joints, but we had heard this one was the best.  When we arrived, we were relieved to find that the restaurant was full and the clientele were mainly Japanese, always a good sign.  We ordered the spicy tuna nori rolls and they did not disappoint.  It wasn't cheap, but I'm guessing that 'bargain sushi' is not such a good idea in Cairo.
It was also my first experience sampling the local wine.  Looks good, doesn't it? It was no Australian shiraz, that's for sure.  It had a slight tang to it that I've never tasted in a wine before.  I think I'll be sticking to spirits from now on.

It's moving day today.  We are finally moving to Maadi and out of the comfort of our serviced apartment.  Finn is bossing everyone around and instructing the movers, saying "Do be careful".  Wilf is sleeping soundly through all the commotion.

See you in Maadi!

No comments:

Post a Comment